When your decorating your room with a monochromatic color scheme, remember to pick a color and stick with it! A good monochromatic pallet is all about the right tints, tones and shades of a single hue.
The possibilities are endless, and you can have a lot of fun with both brightening it up and toning it down. Below are some tips to help you pick the right pallet when decorating with a monochromatic theme.
Monochromatic Decorating Tips:
- Shades of Gray & Taupe create classic elegant looks. And adding mirrors and sheen textures will provide richness to the space.
- The Grey Palette is clean & sophisticated. Adding fabulous textures and some studded pieces really adds a luxurious touch.
- Neutrals are not as boring as you think. Adding distressed and antique pieces really enhances the overall look.
- Soft blues in many patterns and textures keeps the space from being anything but boring. The solids against the textures really keeps your eyes moving across the room.
- If you are looking to design a room that is uplifting & refreshing, try crisp blues and white. Adding texture’s against the solids will really add depth to the overall space.
- If you want to design a room that is loud and wants to be the center of attention, gold is the way to go. Gold provides a very flashy impression. Adding creamy accents lets the gold still stand out while also keeping it from becoming too overwhelming.
- When using reds be aware that it gives off a romantic or even a Moroccan feel. It is not great for kitchen and laundry room spaces. Adding some neutral accents to the room will tone down the red and will add some character to the space.